Duration: 1 day.
Classroom Course: One day, usually 09:00 to 17:00, with no final exam but there will be written exercises and practical assessments during the day to develop your skills.
The classroom course is structured with alternating theory and practical modules to enhance your learning. We will be working on an engine in the classroom and then move from the classroom to the boat for on-board scenarios.
No experience is necessary to learn about engines!
This course introduces the basic functional notions and maintenance necessary to prevent and resolve fundamental problems in diesel engines.
A portion of the course will be dedicated to small outboard engines.
The course will cover, among other things, the following topics:
- Operational principles of a diesel engine
- Engine systems and its parts
- Diagnosis and fixes for common problems
- How to change an impeller
- How to change an oil and a fuel filter
- Normal and extraordinary maintenance
- Winter lay-up procedures
- The outboard engine
Didactic materials and tools will be available during the course
All of our RYA Courses are held in English.
Please note the details in your confirmation email as to special attire, materials or gear required for the course.
This course, like any additional learning opportunity, will most likely enhance your knowledge toward any RYA certification you are pursuing…
Course Prerequisites, Testing, and Information:
- There are no prerequisites
- Course Fees:
– Classroom course €145
– All materials for the class are provided: RYA Diesel Engine (a 23 euro value), and the exercise coursebook, tools etc. Should you want to bring your own tools, you are welcome to do so!
– Please wear comfortable layered clothing that can get dirty as we will be sitting on the floor, and in odd spaces on board
– There is no final written exam .
– RYA Diesel Engine Certificate
A volte teniamo un corso parallelo in Italiano, ma che non permette di conseguire il certificato RYA